Wednesday 23 February 2011

Burn


I was not hungry,
Yet I forced myself to eat,
Mid-air the hot stew covered my wrist scalding it and leaving my skin immersed in oil.
I'm left sore and nursing what is left of the skin on my wrist.

Wake up calls are so bleeding necessary!

Ok, so you are seemingly fine, but deep down within you know that there is a whole lot of things bugging you.

So you plan.

It seems only wise to plan a way to get to where you WANT to be.

"Mais la vie est une salope"
(But life's a bitch)
My french is getting good, dont excuse it.

And so,
despite all the planning and toiling,
nothing ever really happens!

Do you give up?

For some time yes....
Then reality kicks in, you realise bills wont pay themselves
good credit is hard to hold onto
and in this ever present poor economy
you will clutch onto every penny you have or can earn

Yes life is for living,
but how daring can you afford to be?

Besides... electric and gas are the only things that prevent pneumonia
in this type of weather.
That is unless your next door neighbour isn't planning on
being the subject of an arson attack,
in which case for some hours you will be rather toasty
but that plan isn't fool proof is it?

Rhetorical these questions are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment