Tuesday 12 October 2010

Internal Tears

... I have never hurt so much inwardly as today ...

And for once not for a selfish reason, today was the burial of my late friend.
His life was cut short, by an ungrateful so and so.
But hey, there is a reason for everything, and his calling was now.
It was a beautiful event, being a funeral virgin I didnt know what to expect.
Tears fell from my eyes despite how hard I tried to force them backwards.
A mass of people old and young arrived and the church was packed.
The priest of the church was talking about him as though he knew my friend, but in actual fact all he said was opposite.
He wouldnt have liked the hymns, or the long sermon.
He would have LOVED the presence of all who turned up.

I was rather happy that the sun came up over his grave whilst they let the doves loose.
It was beautiful and let my heart be at ease.

I was angry for a long time after his death, but today I let all that anger diminish.
I dont want to talk about it anymore.

I just want to cherish the memories

No comments:

Post a Comment