Saturday 9 April 2011

Good Company

I am a firm believer in the people around you influencing you.
Some influence you to do bad, others good and some genuinely have no influence over you whatsoever.
In fact to some degree they play no part in your life.

These people are generally those that want something from you, be it physical or non physical, you are to them an idol of some sort.

Those that influence you to do bad, need to be RID of.
They are the worst kind, you know it and they know it.
They wish nothing for you but your downfall.
They take joy in knowing you are miserable, depressed and all that lark.
They don't even care if and when you are in need.

The good, MOTIVATE, INSPIRE, ADMIRE, make you laugh, make you smile, know exactly what to say to turn any frown around.

Unfortunately sometimes, you don't know what is good for you.
Too stuck in your wrong ways...

Some people even like moping around, claiming that tomorrow is a new day and that BY FORCE BY FIRE they will achieve what they could have done today tomorrow.

SAD REALLY...

I know what steps I need to get further, but if I surround myself with people who are unhappy with life, whether they have aspirations or not, there will forever be a stronghold there...

An obstacle I will indeed never overcome.

Which is why I thank God for those that I do have.

We recognize our right from wrong, we improve and amend and in other words 'keep on keeping on'.

Those that wanted to see my downfall are around to see my success, better still they are in awe.
But, from an arms length.
The company you keep is reflective of your persona and character.
Be weary of it.

**This post is dedicated to those fabulous friends of mine, who never let me give up and so I rise.





1 comment: