Saturday 23 April 2011

Feeling good

It's hard for me to justify why I am almost always in a mood,
When I say mood I mean GRUMPY, PISSED OFF WITH LIFE and IRATE.
Fair enough I work with some of the most confusing, impolite and obnoxious customers,
But even that is not enough to condone an attitude that eventually dims everybody else's high.

Someone told me I made people miserable.
I could have cried,
But I save emotions and tears for things more worthwhile.

The same person a few weeks down the line concluded that since I no longer drink,
Not that I ever did in excess I am no longer depressed.

I never really did know just how unhappy with life I was.
Make matters worse, I was too blind to notice the obvious,
I was the one depressing myself not anyone else.

No matter how influential people are in your life, you honestly own the God given right to be happy.

Apart from hormones, you should be the one to determine your mood.
Because once you are in a bad one your demeanour is lost,
You ruin productivity levels, efficiency levels and probably most importantly happiness levels.

The pursuit of happiness starring Will Smith relates well to this topic.

I am genuinely in the pursuit of happiness, like I wrote in a poem.

"misplace tears and find solace"

I found it and I can affirm there is no better feeling than genuine joy.
Yes there are times when you just breakdown because it feels like everything is getting on top of you,
But when you realise just how much you are loved, what you mean to yourself,
Your influence in another's life, how much your friendship and companionship means to those close to you,
You realise just how much you mean.


I'm off to get some sleep so I can keep this good mood of mine.

1 comment:

  1. I used to depress a lot and just like you said, most from it was just coming from really just me, my thoughts.. but i think once you realised where you are, from there you can go anywhere you want.

    ReplyDelete